Chop Trainling Spaces in Miva Admin Search Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop Trainling Spaces in Miva Admin Search Box

Since spaces re not allowed in Miva part numbers (for some reason) why not fix the Admin Products, Search Products (and Categories) so it will work if there are leading/trailing spaces on the search criteria.

If I copy a known good part number from somewhere from my browser and the copy happens to pick up a trailing space or two and then paste that into the Admin Search box with the trailing spaces the search will fail so I must backspace, backspace, backspace to get the search to work. It sort of makes me think the part number is not found but the problem is the part number I pasted into the Search box has a space or two on the end of it.

Since spaces are not allowed in Miva part numbers (for some reason) why not just magically under the covers chop them from the leading and trailing end of what is pasted into the Search box.

Further it has been pointed out that if there is a leading/trailing space used in the storefront Search box the search will fail to find a part number that is really in the store but not allowed to have a leading trailing space. Of course part numbers should not have leading/trailing spaces.

Shoppers that have copied to the Windows clipboard from somewhere on the Internet a part number and happen to have a leading/training space then come to a Miva store and paste into the search box the search will fail - because of a leading/trailing space and that can result in a lost sale.
    Last edited by joseibarra; 08-04-21, 09:38 PM.
Working...
X