Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the Cost/Price for a Product does not change the same in an Attribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Cost/Price for a Product does not change the same in an Attribute.

Let's say I have 10 Attributes defined and each Attribute has 10 part numbers for a total of 100 part numbers.

If the cost/price of those 100 part numbers changes and I update 100 part numbers with a new cost/price from an import it seems that the cost/price of the same part numbers in the Attributes does not change.

Miva Support says that is by design and I need to go one by one to those 100 part numbers in the Attributes and manually change the cost/price one at a time.

It would seem that if the part numbers are the same when I change the cost/price for the part number the cost/price of the same part number in an Attribute would also be changed.

Is it true that I need to edit the Attribute and one by one look up the cost/price for the 100 part numbers and adjust the cost/price in the Attribute?

Is there some reason things are not worked as expected but working as designed?
    Last edited by joseibarra; 03-18-21, 10:58 PM.

Are your attributes setup as variant products? Or just attributes. That's question number 1. :)
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

We are not using any Inventory options and therefore have nothing to do with Variants configured - I'm not even sure what a Variant Product is - I think something to do with Inventory and we don't care about Inventory.

If you are going to tell me that we need to set up Variants for the updating of cost/price of Products to also update the cost/price of those Products when used as Attributes I hope you will be able to explain in words I can understand why that is necessary (what difference does it make) and...

If setting up the Products as Variants is somehow an undocumented solution that you verified this to work as expected on your system.

Doesn't it seem expected behavior that updating the cost/price of a Product would also update the cost/price of that same product if it is used as an Attribute?

If it is by design that updating the cost/price of a Product does not also update the cost/price of that same Product when used as an attribute what is the reason for that?

Comment

That would be almost impossible to do since there'd be no practical way to establish intend. How is miva going to know that raising the price of a product 10 cents should increase the variant cost of say Large verses Small to be 2 cents? Also, what happens when product price is 0 and the full price is in the variant, or you have variants for say "finish" and "size" with different costs.

The best you could do is have a "cost" setting for each product (variant and other wise) and then create an import or function that assigns a price to ALL products based on the cost. We do this for an automotive parts distributor (35K parts, 190K skus). When he gets a price increase for product from distributor he just runs his original formula on those prices he pays.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

The store in question is not using Variants.

If the price of Product 12345 is $5.00 and Product 12345 is offered as an Attribute and the cost of Product 12345 changes to is $10.00 it would seem the price for the Attribute would also change 10 $10.00 since they are the same part number - but for us it does not.

If it is by design that if the price of a product changes and that price change does not make it to the Attribute of the same part number why is that?

Comment

A product with a code of 12345, is in no way related to an attribute with a code of 12345
            Attributes, are separate entities that are related to a specific Product.

This can be done somewhat by using attribute templates. With attribute templates, you can assign a single set of attributes and options and control their settings (such as price) from one place.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X