Data import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data import

When importing data with the Dats Management module, a record is counted as 'updated' even when nothing has changed. That leads one to believe that some records were changed unexpectedly. I do a periodic replication of my Miva customer table to my ERP customer table knowing some elements of some records have changed. When I import a load file of 100 records, the Miva import report indicates 100 records were updated when I know that only a subset of that was actually updated. Concerned that something unexpected happened, I called Support who confirmed this as a known shortcoming and suggested that I log it here and here we are.

Thank you
    Larry
    domain = test.blackburnmarine.net

Hi Larry,

Did you get a ticket number from our support team? Can you expand on this?

"When I import a load file of 100 records, the Miva import report indicates 100 records were updated when I know that only a subset of that was actually updated."

Are you including customer's in the file where everything in the file for the customer matches what's in the database? If so, what is the 'Customers:' drop down set to in Data Management -> Import Settings -> Customer Import?
    Jim McCormick
    Miva Merchant Support
    866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
    X