Scheduled task "trigger" flow chart for when X feed is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled task "trigger" flow chart for when X feed is done

Could something like this happen? Scheduled task "trigger" flow chart for when X feed is done? I need a way of connecting scheduled tasks to run after feeds are done, mainly these feeds create product update csv files etc..
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

I haven't tested this but there is a function to trigger a scheduled task. Try putting this in the footer of the feed:

<mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Feature_SCH_UT" value="ScheduledTask_Trigger( 'precalcprices' )" />

Then just make sure your scheduled task you want to run has the same trigger.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you Brennan we're going to try this out. Will be a good way of keeping some product data up to date via feeds and automated imports w/o any admin intervention.
      Colin Puttick

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        I haven't tested this but there is a function to trigger a scheduled task. Try putting this in the footer of the feed:

<mvt:do name="l.result" file="g.Module_Feature_SCH_UT" value="ScheduledTask_Trigger( 'precalcprices' )" />

Then just make sure your scheduled task you want to run has the same trigger.
        When you say footer, do you just mean this should be in the last line of the file?
        Paul

Comment

Paul I think "footer" means in the marketing feed not the template, not the header and not the feed iterator. In "advanced mode" there is a footer.
          Colin Puttick

Comment

Gotcha! At one point, I was looking for a task to trigger after an imported text file was processed. Can't remember exactly what it was, but could see where it would be useful.
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X