Update Variant Specific Value Price from Batch List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Variant Specific Value Price from Batch List

The Inventory Variants batch list seems pretty limited compared to other batch lists.

It would be a big time saver if edits to Specific Value: Price/Cost/Weight could be made from the batch list on this screen. At the moment, there are very few available columns that can be displayed, and sorting/editing does not seem possible. I need to click into each variant individually to update the specific values. Or, am I missing a much easier way to update the specific values?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.22.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.32.27 AM.png

Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

I don't know of an easier way either. Is there a reason you can't use "sum of parts" on this one? That way you would just edit the prices and weight of the variant product code in the normal catalog instead. I assume you know that so just posting that for others reading this. I'm interested in why you have to use "specific values" for learning here.
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

I use this specific type of product for remnant cuts that are all fractional measurements. They are not cut-to-order, they are actual remnants that we group in the closest fractional length. We need to inventory each remnant length and each has a specific price/weight.

I experimented with several different methods of setting these up (years and years ago,) and at the time this seemed like the most appropriate way. I'm open to exploring other methods, but I'm not sure if Sum of Parts would work in this case since each size/length is actually it's own part.
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

You use "sum of parts" when each size/lengh is actually it's own part. So it'd switch to that. Then you can manage all the prices and inventory and weights via normal product imports.
        Colin Puttick
        Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

I'll test this on our dev site to see if it works the way we want it to.. I'll report back for anyone following.

Update: Well, switching to Sum of Parts was a great suggestion! It's been so long since the original setup that I don't remember my initial reason for using the Specific Value method. Everything is working as intended and the annual price changes will now go a lot quicker.
          Last edited by delcorsets; 04-27-21, 11:50 AM.
          Psydde Delicious
          Philadelphia, PA
          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
          X