Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue: Item Prices Updating on Captured Order When Any Item is Cancelled on the Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue: Item Prices Updating on Captured Order When Any Item is Cancelled on the Order

Hey Everyone,
    So this is an interesting one and I apologize for the long post. I think I may have found a flaw in the backend of the site.

So here is a bit of relevant background. Our company has price groups for every product on our website. These price groups are very straight forward and have different pricing for whichever level a customer is assigned to. These price group prices, especially with manufacturing the way it is currently, get updated frequently.

The issue we have is that if a customer checks out and payment is captured, and they need to cancel and get refunded for an item, the captured order in the back end of the site will recalculate the item prices on all of the order items to match the current price group level. This is actually updating the price in the OrderItems table, which is a historical record table. This updated now prevents us from printing and resending the invoice to the customer and most importantly, throws out of balance our monthly data load from Miva to our transactional system.

I cannot think of any business reason that the captured order should ever update all the items on it to the latest price group price. There currently is no feasible work around for this and is throwing off our monthly load and we are going to have to make manual adjustments after the fact. I was told a workaround would be to put the price group price back to the original before saving the cancelled items on the order, but that is not feasible.

I have opened a ticket on this and had a call with our account manager. Our account manager definitely understands the issue and says it is up to the developers at this point, but I am hoping others can chime in as to why this would happen or offer any workaround that they have found.

Here is to hoping the dev team can fix this so our monthly loads can be accurate.

Thank you,
    Scott
Working...
X