Faux Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faux Product

I'm not sure if I suggested this sometime in the past but just in case.

On this page the first two products are faux products and the last is a real product. The faux products are stubs that use alternate display pages that redirects to a category. In this case it is because we didn't want to create a product with 70+ color options, which may have different finishes and pricing https://www.allfrom1supply.com/endur...-touch-up.html

I do similar stuff here https://www.allfrom1supply.com/healt...-supplies.html with the COVID19 Resources category which is redirected to a page and I also use the same approach when I want to have the same subcategory in multiple parents just creating faux categories that redirect.

It is messy but useful so I was thinking you could create the ability to add faux products or categories that are really redirects, but instead of that cumbersome page redirect you could have an option to pick an existing page to redirect to.

At least in my head this seems very useful. It offers a way to deal with the oft requested ability to assign a category to multiple parent categories - but may just be my convoluted thinking.

I have also had to do similar things in the past.
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

We do the same thing on one of our sites - we actually had a custom module written by 216digital to accomplish this.

The module features an admin area that allows category or global placement, frequency, position, destination link, and image to all be assigned. I use it to link back and forth between mens and womens category pages and to promote sale/promo categories. It's definitely very useful! (Last image in the screenshot is a faux product that links to the womens styles by the same designer.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 7.57.19 AM.png
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
        We do the same thing on one of our sites - we actually had a custom module written by 216digital to accomplish this.

The module features an admin area that allows category or global placement, frequency, position, destination link, and image to all be assigned. I use it to link back and forth between mens and womens category pages and to promote sale/promo categories. It's definitely very useful! (Last image in the screenshot is a faux product that links to the womens styles by the same designer.
        That sounds great. Love to see that rolled into a module on apps.miva to test it on our dev site.

Comment

delcorsets

Originally posted by habreu View Post

That sounds great. Love to see that rolled into a module on apps.miva to test it on our dev site.
          Ditto!
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
          X