convert guest to customer in admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert guest to customer in admin

Hopefully I'm not suggesting something that exists again.

We have a fair amount of people who purchase as guests and will call in and say "I bought from you before" and want an account and then we end up on the fly having to create an account for them or tell them to do it. It would be good if there was a way to do that right in the admin for them - verify the address etc over the phone, press 'convert' and get that data copied over and a temporary password and instructions sent to them. Might have to have a setting in store settings so it could be set to only be sent to the original email address from the guest order.

Good idea. We've implemented this before but with custom solutions. Also added a "hey wait, don't i know you feature" which checks their billing email address against previous orders (which don't have a cust id) and if found, let them sign into their account. This is primarily for 'custom rewards' but its handy to have orders grouped under one account.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Changing out our old Emporium Plus reward system may be on the docket once I get past this next trade show. We have to brainstorm first to see if we even want the rewards system but if they say okay then I ma y reach out.

Comment

Working...
      X