Automated Returns System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Returns System

For a customer to be able to get in their account and be able to initiate a return without any human intervention on behalf of the store owner would be such a help. Start the return, maybe pay the fee or shipping costs, print out the return label, and drop it off at a shipper like UPS. Much like the bigger retailers do.

I figure this might be a big ask, but it would be invaluable to bigger ecommerce sites.

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

It's not as big of an ask as you'd think, it's something we've built custom for people, there are whole SaaS companies devoted to just this as a product as well. We're looking/thinking/scoping but it's not a next 12 months kind of thing (unless it's custom)
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Yea, its not that difficult, and most can be done using SMT coding...however, it wouldn't be plug and play per se.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Sending the info to a client
        Jamie Donaldson
        JSDVS Web Design / Development
        Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

This surprises me. Managing returns from customer account screen is very very typical experience for web anything in 2021. Manage netflix, manage payments, return something. Nordstrom, Bestbuy, Amazon, etc, etc...I can't remember the last website I used which didn't have this feature.
          Often it's tempting to view returns like a pain in the rear, I'll get to it when I get to it.
          But it's really a customer service function, we should be viewing our customers as a potential revenue stream for life...

Please re-think the 'maybe sometime in the future' we are trying to slay dragons out here! :)

Comment

We're not "rethinking" it, it's on our roadmap, but to enable someone to login in to order history, request a return, print a label (at your expense) etc... is far more complex for physical retail than say for Netflix.

Which is why there are whole companies who do just this and charge a pretty penny for it.

We will (and do but currently it's custom based on your unique business logic) ultimately offer this, but I see it as part of it's own OMS/WMS/Logistics product, not part of what you think of as Miva Merchant today.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

If you or your client uses ShipStation, they have a branded returns portal. While the account holder still pays for the return shipping, it's pretty easy to include some text stating that they will be refunded minus the cost of shipping (both ways) upon receipt. https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-u...Returns-Portal

Comment

Working...
              X