We need a better way to troubleshoot coupons/price groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a better way to troubleshoot coupons/price groups

I have a couple of customers that can't always wrap their heads around coupons and price groups, and contact me fairly frequently to figure out what the coupon_ineligible exception is being thrown. It would be very helpful to have a log or tool that says why the coupon was rejected. There are so many possibilities - coupon expired, price group expired, exclusions, doesn't apply a better discount than the existing ones, has already been used by the customer, etc. Some way for the retailer to at least check - or just a faster way for me to check - would be very helpful.
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

For that matter, I can't always wrap my head around them either ;)
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

totally. an error code or something, even if it is like output in html comment tags or something with the error messages output would be great. Then us nerds can inspect the page HTML and see the error code and then look it up. That's one way anyways.
      Colin Puttick
      Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post
        totally. an error code or something, even if it is like output in html comment tags or something with the error messages output would be great. Then us nerds can inspect the page HTML and see the error code and then look it up. That's one way anyways.
        Or a self trimming log. probably would never need more than the last 100 coupon responses.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X