This product can only be sold with _____

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This product can only be sold with _____

We sell acetone to our paint customers and have seen an uptick in orders from around the country for acetone by itself from all sorts of businesses, which we believe are likely meth labs. We cancel these orders and refund the money. I did add a note on the product page explaining that it would only be sold to established paint customers in conjunction with our paint products but was thinking that it would be cool to have a feature in Miva with some logic like you have in Upsale, to have a 'this product must be sold with ___" or "this product cannot be sold alone" and the dollar limits as well i.e. "if order is under $50" etc

For the time being, I assume you could make the acetone items inactive and then add attributes to the products where you would want to also buy it, then setup the kit / variant on the attribute. Then you would have to buy the paint to get the acetone. For now anyways.
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Thanks.

There are upwards of 900 paint products. They also will want to buy quantities that don't match the paint quantities of the product.

One other quirk with attribute templates which we use for several repeating items in different paint products - for finishes (gloss, semi-gloss) which vary per product, also an "I agree" acknowledgement and a terms of sale on the professional paints. If I added a new attribute template so I don't have to manually edit each product they are out of order (the acknowledgement and terms need to be at the end of the stack) and I have to remove all attribute templates and add them back in the right order, to the right products which is error prone. The only way is to then go to each product and sort the attributes manually which will take too much time.

In any case the note works in conjunction with our shipping and billing folks cancelling and refunding but thought I'd suggest it for Miva to consider in case that type of functionality would be generally useful. From my non-programmer brain it seems like Upsale has a lot of the logic already needed.
      Last edited by habreu; 05-27-22, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that would be a lot of data work!
        Colin Puttick
        Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Working...
        X