Developers need a way to kill a Miva scheduled task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developers need a way to kill a Miva scheduled task

From what I can tell, if one scheduled task is running, another one can't be started. As a result, when developing a scheduled task module, if there's a bug such as an infinite loop, there's no way to kill the process except to call Miva support...and even they have to get an engineer to do it. (Thanks Guillermo and Jim!)

The other option is to wait a full hour for the task to be automatically killed.

I can't tell you how much delay this introduces. Please give admins a way to see what task is currently running and to kill it off! Thank you :)
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

I can file a feature request for this.

While you can't kill off a task via the admin you can see which one is running by looking at the log which is available in the admin. It will log "Feed Export Started" along with the date time. If you don't see that "Completed" Status then that what is currently running.

What is the use case here? Is it mostly when you are developing scheduled tasks modules?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

The problem is that if the module has a runtime error, it never loads "completed". So you can't tell if it's still running or if it died.

Yes, the use case is during development / debugging only. I can't see a need for it otherwise.
      Susan Petracco
      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I guess you can tell it's not running anymore because you can start a new one... Whereas you can't start a new one if one is still actively running.
        Susan Petracco
        NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X