Shadows 10.05 usability issue on OCST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadows 10.05 usability issue on OCST

Posting here on recommendation from Miva support. I have noticed a usability issue on Shadows 10.05.

The issue that happens is that, if I uncheck “same as shipping” but then leave a required field (such as zip code) missing in the Billing Information section, and submit the form, it comes back and says a required field is missing. (As it should.) However, the “Same as Shipping” box gets rechecked and the billing information section gets collapsed. So you can’t see the red field label that shows which field is wrong. This could lead to someone just giving up because they don’t think to uncheck “Same as Shipping” so they can see the incorrect billing fields to know what’s wrong.

Simply removing the "checked" attribute, as originally suggested by support, makes it less usable on the original page load. It would be nice to be checked on first load, and not checked if the page is reloaded due to an error and the addresses previously submitted don't match.
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

This has been an issue for us as well and I'm pretty sure it's not theme dependant but I can't confirm for sure.

Attached is a solution I have been using on Suivant that has been working pretty well.

I have it set up as a shared function in the external scripts js file so it can also be used on other account pages (ACAD, ACED) without having to maintain the code in more than 1 place.

It's set up to work with the Bill To address being set as the primary address but that can easily be changed.

It also has a function that will add/remove the required attribute based on the billing fields being shown or not to help prevent the form from being submitted if any required fields are left blank.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

I doubt that it's theme dependent as well! But it definitely happens with that them. Thank you so much for sharing your solution; I'll give it a try.
      Susan Petracco
      NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

You're very welcome. Let us know if it works on the new Shadows theme.
        Nick Harkins
        www.loveisarose.com
        *Web Developer
        *Miva
        *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Working...
        X