Make catalog inline editing even more efficient in the admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make catalog inline editing even more efficient in the admin

I know this can be done with data management exports and imports but I had an idea that would be pretty neat and add to Miva's already established strength of efficiency in the admin.

It would be awesome to be able to make a "global" change to products that you have selected in the catalog list for inline editing.

It would be particularly nice for updating custom fields (values, checkboxes, facets, etc.), but could also be helpful for price updates, specific sale price group fields, etc.

Lets say you have selected a bunch of products for inline editing that all need the same columns updated to the same value.

Having a way to make a "global" change to the column (perhaps in the header column) for the selected products would provide a nice and easy experience and improve efficiency.

There would probably need to be certain products fields excluded such as the product code, sku, name and other stuff that should be unique to each product, but I think it would be a very helpful feature.

It would be nice for categories as well (alternate display page, custom fields, etc.).

Here's an edited screenshot to visually show what I mean.

Miva-Edit-All-Selected.png
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

That would be very nice. I agree :) It takes less time to check 25 checkboxes then do do a quick export, edit in spreadsheet, import. Having a "with selected" menu popup that could give choices... so helpful
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Working...
    X