Prepare for the upcoming Google Product Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepare for the upcoming Google Product Studio

Hopefully you all have seen the Google Marketing Live 2023 Keynote. There is some pretty exciting things coming to Google Ads/Merchant Center.

With that said, it would be a pretty big deal to be able to connect to the upcoming Google Product Studio introduced here: https://youtu.be/YABXDRNceFI?t=1662 .

It would be great to be able to utilize a feed and upload to Googe Merchant Center Next (when available), or however you all at Miva think it could work best, and leverage the generative AI to create great product imagery.

Then when finished, tranfser the newly generated images back into Miva.

This would be a game changer for productivity when it comes to adding new products with compelling imagery.

Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Right. Interesting to see Google doing the ".. later this year" thing on this. This kind of AI based image and also text description rewrite is very hot right now. I imagine there will be solid API services in the near future that we can use outside of services like Google Studio. I think there are likely things that can be done right now by a more savvy store owner - although at this point the edit / audit process is what needs the most effort. I don't think we are yet at a point where we can blindly bounce things off AI and trust the results - but not too long I hope. Could use an AI to create a white background drop shadow image for all products, store it in a custom field, then use template code to display it if someone is using Safari? :)

Keifer Hunniford | MIVA

Comment

Auto graphics AI for store products? I've messed with a few different image ai services out there and although they can create cool stuff, automatically letting those images into a store for products without reviewing them could be pretty scary (or hilarious depending on how one looks at it.)

A couple months ago I asked a bunch of clients if they'd like chatgp module to help them make cool product descriptions and not a single one that it would be useful since the service is easy to use online and/or with an app. Different idea though since the ai images would be generated from product content (I guess?)
      M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Scot - ScotsScripts.com not quite auto. I agree not being able to review would be a bad idea. I don't believe this will be an automatic feature from Google.

What I mean is, when Google does roll this out, it sounds like any products that are in the upcoming Google Merchant Center Next will have access to the Product Studio.

You're also creating the new imagery off existing images already submitted to Merchant Center by manually selecting settings and communicating with the AI (much like ChatGTP) to get the desired results. Once you finish and save, the images are added or even replace the product images in the feed.

So, it would be awesome to have a way to get those into Miva more seamlessly and only when the new images are applied and live in Merchant Center.

I know one can download and upload (which is a solid case for low or no priority from Miva) but one can dream as well... ;)
        Last edited by SidFeyDesigns; 05-31-23, 06:05 AM.
        Nick Harkins
        www.loveisarose.com
        *Web Developer
        *Miva

Comment

Perhaps a Google Merhcant Center specific module that connects, scans, and detects changes to the product data with options or boxes to check for what to scan.

Give options to scan, detect, and apply changes based on a schedule task, or manually trigger the scan/apply changes.

Just ideas.
          Nick Harkins
          www.loveisarose.com
          *Web Developer
          *Miva

Comment

We definitely are envisioning some products for 2024 that leverage some of the amazing new AI potential.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
            X