Endicia upgrade and dial-a-zip problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endicia upgrade and dial-a-zip problem?

We upgraded Endicia today and tried a test label with Shipworks. It failed due to "address verification" and printed a blank label.

I tried it without Shipworks and the same thing happens when Endicia tries to contact the "dial-a-zip" server to validate the address, and prints a blank label.

Actually, I think we have been getting the dial-a-zip failure messages for a while, but Endicia always printed the label. Now it doesn't. That is not good.

Both ping and tracert to the server fail (production.shippingapis.com).

Anyone else seeing this after upgrading Endicia?
    Ryan Forrest, owner
    SmileyStore.com

Re: Endicia upgrade and dial-a-zip problem?

Okay, problem resolved. The address verification server to be used by Endicia is selected from a list under File/preferences. There are 3 in the list and apparently the one we had been using was shut down a while back, so we would get an error message, but the label would still be printed.

In this Endicia update, they now print a blank label if the address server cannot be reached, which I think is very bad, given that servers go down all the time.

By selecting the one server that seems to still work (dial-a-zip.com), we are now back in business...
    Ryan Forrest, owner
    SmileyStore.com

Comment

Working...
    X