No announcement yet.

Credit Card Fraud - Where to report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Fraud - Where to report?

I've also just recently been receiving lots of fraudulent orders. I added the code that Mark shared to provide the IP address on the Merchant email. The Customer Login name successfully shows, but the IP does not... is there something else that I need to do? (Enable certain items somewhere?)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
      I've also just recently been receiving lots of fraudulent orders. I added the code that Mark shared to provide the IP address on the Merchant email. The Customer Login name successfully shows, but the IP does not... is there something else that I need to do? (Enable certain items somewhere?)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
      to use a global variable. it has to be set on the previous page and passed to the next inside of a form.

so on the previous screen before the invoice screen, you will need to figure out where in the template the closing form tag is.
      and just before it put a hidden input that contains the ip. you would use toolkit or toolbelt to grab the ip from the visitor's browser.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand correctly, the screen before the invoice screen (in my case that would be the Payment Information screen (OPAY page)) needs to obtain the global variable. I use Toolkit, so would I need to look through those documents to see how to obtain the IP address? I've scrolled through all the examples and could not find anything referring to the IP address. Once I determine the code that needs to be inserted, i just place that code before the closing tag in the OPAY page template?

Thanks,
        psydde
        Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Psydde!

it's a system variable.. I am pretty sure it's
          remote_addr

Make sure you put it into a hidden input form field inside the form (not just the closing html tag on the template page).

The input tags inside the form are what get passed onto the next screen.
          in toolkit it would be something like
          Code:
          <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vassign|psyddes_cust_ip|s.remote_addr" />

you might check on the vassign sassign or whatever the assign thingy is in toolkit. I'm not sure because I Don't use it a lot. But if you have the new miva merchant you can look in the tokens deal and see exactly what it is.
          So you end up with something like
          Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="psyddes_cust_ip" value="&mvt:global:psyddes_cust_ip;">
          in toolbelt i would do it like this
          Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="psyddes_cust_ip" value="<mvt:item name="ry_toolbelt" param="eval|s.remote_addr">">
          Kelly
          Last edited by kayakbabe; 01-29-13, 05:48 PM. Reason: updating cause i look up the answer

Comment

Working...
          X