Quickbook Merchant Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickbook Merchant Services

What an absolute run around. The Innovative Gateway module is NOT for the Quickbooks Merchant Services. You have to get an Innovative Gateway account through your Quickbooks customer support. Quickbooks Merchant Services only supports a limited number of carts and Miva Merchant isn't one of them. The Innovative Gateway Support folks were kind enough to send me this link:

http://www.quickbooksmerchantservice...eb/partner.php

Oh, and the Innovative Merchant Solutions of Intuit, Inc. sent me this link:
    http://developer.intuit.com "to develop your shopping cart".

And then if you go to:
    http://www.innovativemerchant.com/su...s/shopping.php

It shows that Miva Merchant is a supported cart. Sure, you just need to have 2 accounts - one for the Quickbooks Merchant Services and one for Innovative Gateway.

Can I scream now?
    Leslie
    www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
    Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
    Previously of www.websyourway.com
    Forum Moderator lesliekirk
    Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Re: Quickbook Merchant Services

That's why you should use Miva Merchant Payment :)
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

True, true but these folks already have a Quickbooks account and do everything through Quickbooks. They take a lot of phone orders from people who do not want their info entered into the website...
      Leslie

Comment

Originally posted by leslienord View Post
        They take a lot of phone orders from people who do not want their info entered into the website...
        I've never understood this. They won't put their credit card number into a fully encrypted gateway system that is PCI compliant and the merchant has no access to the full number (assuming the merchant is using a gateway), but they will give their account number, expdate, billing address and CCID to a perfect stranger over the phone who could be writing it down.
        Jason Fancett
        America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
        Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
        Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by JFancett View Post
          to a perfect stranger over the phone who could be writing it down.
          Exactly...
          Leslie

Comment

Originally posted by JFancett View Post
            but they will give their account number, expdate, billing address and CCID to a perfect stranger over the phone who could be writing it down.
            And they will pay for identity theft insurance - Go figure.

Tom
            Tom Young
            Hourglass Maker Since 1975
            http://www.tkyoung.com

Comment

...or better yet, hand their actual card to a possibly bitter, underpaid and overworked wait-staff person who wanders off with it for about 5 minutes....
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

My favorite is when some of our clients call us to update their credit cards they use for monthly hosting charges. They refuse to update the info on our secure web server and insist that they will only do it over the phone - all the while THEY accept other people's credit cards in their online stores just fine. I have to explain every time that I will have to key it into our recurring billing system - web based - so it's not any different than them doing it directly, but, 90% of the time they still insist that they will NOT enter their credit cards on the web. It's okay if I do it, but they think if they do it their identity will be instantly hacked somehow... <sigh>

Comment

I was told by Intuit the other day that Quickbooks Merchant Services also works with Authorize.net.
                  Doreen Jeffers
                  iMarks Web Solutions
                  www.iMarksWeb.com

Comment

Sure wish I knew who you talked to. I just finished a chat session with QB - they only support a limited number of carts and Miva Merchant is not one of them.

QB: Innovative Gateway is our gateway, but this is the actual merchant service. We offer integration with the service, but if you contact gateway department they will set you up with basic processing with the webstore. This will not integrate with the Quickbooks.

you: thanks I'll advise her.

QB: Unfortunately, unless she would like to choose a different cart who we guarantee integration with, there is little we can do to assist her. It really is up to the cart to bridge the service to the quickbooks.
                    And of course, the standard line:

QB: Okay. We only have about 5 preferred providers who we guarantee integration with. If she is trying to get integration either the cart will need to offer this or the developer will need to visit www.developer.intuit.com for instructions on integrating.
                    So is anyone working on a true gateway module for QB?
                    Leslie

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                      That's why you should use Miva Merchant Payment :)
                      I am putting that option on the table, but I'm going to bug you with something else via PM.

Here is how all of this is breaking down:

The problem is more of systematics. Intuit makers of Quickbooks, also bought Innovative Gateway Solutions. Intuit offers 2 "brands" of credit card gateways. One is the Quickbooks gateway which ties directly into the Quickbooks application but NOT into Miva Merchant. The other is Innovative Gateway Solutions which does NOT tie into Quickbooks but does work with Miva Merchant.
                      Leslie

Comment

Working...
                      X