Closing of E-mail Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing of E-mail Lists

Well, Julie you asked to post comment to the thread Closing of E-mail Lists there, but unfortunately that thread and forum are Read-Only, so I post the comment here instead. Feel free to move it back there where it belongs.

I wanted to ask what actually speak against letting the mailing lists open, or letting at least one or two lists open for those who want/prefer to continue there (one for non-Merchant coders [meu] and another one for Merchant issues [mru]). I do not think that the low-traffic mail list takes any important resources from your servers, and since nobody from Miva ever really moderated or supported it, it does not take any personal resources from Miva Co either.

So please, keep a list or two open and close it only once it completely dies alone!

Thanks,
    Ivo Truxa . @ . t r u X o f t

I am all for at least keeping the coders email list open. Many use that for pretty extensive, dire issues and in the past, rarely did any green user subscribe to them. It was a better outlet for discussing things way above their heads and keeping the real "greek" speak from intimidating them.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Proud to be the first spammer here, James?

mvmarkus
      Emerald Media, Trade & Technology USA/Germany
      Professional Miva Programming since 1998
      Home of the Emerald Objects Application Server (EOA)
      Multi-dimensional CRM, CMS & E-Commerce

http://www.emeraldobjects.com
      http://www.sylter-seiten.com

Comment

Yeah, didn't take long. I'm sure they'll kill his posts and delete him out of the system.
        Best,
        Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
        Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
        Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
        pamelahazelton.com

Comment

+1

Every language needs it's list. I can understand not wanting to split the Merchant related questions/answers between the forums and a list, but the Miva language should have a list, just as every other language has.

[edit]
          If all else fails, we can use this:
          http://groups.google.com/group/miva-script

Of course, if Miva does decide to keep [meu], there'll be no need for it.
          Last edited by aGorilla; 03-31-06, 10:22 AM.
          Bill Guindon
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by truXoft
            Well, Julie you asked to post comment to the thread Closing of E-mail Lists there, but unfortunately that thread and forum are Read-Only, so I post the comment here instead. Feel free to move it back there where it belongs.

I wanted to ask what actually speak against letting the mailing lists open, or letting at least one or two lists open for those who want/prefer to continue there (one for non-Merchant coders [meu] and another one for Merchant issues [mru]). I do not think that the low-traffic mail list takes any important resources from your servers, and since nobody from Miva ever really moderated or supported it, it does not take any personal resources from Miva Co either.

So please, keep a list or two open and close it only once it completely dies alone!

Thanks,
            Hey Ivo, there are unofficial user lists still available for v4 and below and v5.

Jason
            Jason Henderson - JMH Web Services
            Miva Merchant Marketing Mastermind Group

SEO & Marketing for Miva Merchant
            Miva Merchant Modules Comparison Directory
            Miva Merchant Tutorials
            Working with Miva Merchant since 1999 including search engine optimization and marketing specifically for Miva Merchant store owners.

Comment

Unofficial lists are without any interest - only a small bunch of fanatic veterans would subscribe, with no new blood ever coming there. And those who monitored the lists passively, won't subscribe anyway too. Well, it's too late - the list is gone, so let's hope it won't kill Miva Script for good - though, since couple of years I have the feeling Miva Co does not wish anything else than killing the scripting community and the programming language completely anyway. I see absolutely no interest on their part in promoting it.
              Ivo Truxa . @ . t r u X o f t

Comment

Working...
              X