Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a scam?

I am getting this email from someone in asia that says this:

Ok , we know it, but how about the Internet Keyword? do you want to give up? We know you had registered the real trademark , but the Internet Keyword is still not protected by law.
    First of all,The attachment is the explanation on Internet Keyword .Pls check it!
    Second, as the registration of the Internet Keyword is unique in the world, as well as the feature of open policy, if you want to give up it, we will pass the application of the third party, finishing the registration for them. they would be the legal and the only owner of the " stonehousecollection " on internet in the whole world as soon as they register it successfully. ( there would be an official electric registration certificate to you after your successful registration) they will own the function contained in the attachment, meanwhile, this will affect your top-name in the IE surf engine. (such as the GOOGLE, AND YAHOO).
    Thirdly,as the Internet Keyword is the only carrier of the entity trademark on internet, and is corresponding to enterprise brand name,Enterprise resources can not be entrenched. therefore, hope you can consider this seriously!
    If you don't want to register, we will finish the registration of Public Investor Company ASAP. If there are some conflicts on the internet with Public Investor Company in future, we will not be involved with it. In addition, I am very thank you for your cooperation for our work. Have a nice day!
    Best Regards,
    What do think?
    www.kerstencards.com
    www.stonehousecollection.com
    www.addresslabelstore.com

Re: Is this a scam?

In a word: yes.

In multiple words: Yes, its a scam.

Originally posted by MattK View Post
    I am getting this email from someone in asia that says this:

What do think?
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

From the Generally Assumed SPAM Rules:

#1: If its not in well written english, its SPAM.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I thought it was but just wanted to put it out there so other people could see who might have received this as well.
        www.kerstencards.com
        www.stonehousecollection.com
        www.addresslabelstore.com

Comment

I get this kind of junk every day. Cloudmark Desktop usually catches them in Outlook, but I still look at all spam quickly before deleting. Delete delete delete.

Comment

It makes my brain hurt to try to read the message, but what it may be is an attempt to sell you additional domain names. For example, you own stonehousecollection.com but they may try to scare you into registering stonehousecollection.tv and so forth so someone else doesn't get it. Then again I may be wrong and it is some other scam...
            Ryan Forrest, owner
            SmileyStore.com

Comment

fyi.. i think this is spam. or a really bad attempt by a non english speaking person to scare you into buying stuff. Not a resource I would utilize in any case. I would delete this one in a heart beat.

but kcates brings up a really good point about getting domains so someone else doesn't get them.

buy easy misspellings of your name.

If you always transpose 2 letters, your customers will too.

If your friends constantly misstate your domain name.. buy that variant.

Buy the plural version of your domain name if it is logical.

you can buy similar names. don't go over board... use your best judgement.
              and then park them all onto a landing page on your single store website.

In the future.. you can use them to build cross linking traffic to your site by building mini websites with more specific information on a keyword rich (or rare) niche that your stores sell and link from your focused mini site into your store. That can help you with SEO. Another idea is to do a blog on one about the greeting card industry and have cross links to your actual store in them.

For a few other suggestions what domains to possible get... let's look at the two in your sig.
              This is the first time i've ever seen kersten spelled that way. I have 3 kirsten's as friends and their spellings are kirstin and kirsten. If a customer told one of their friends over the phone to go check out your site... they might not get your site.

For you i would suggest considering
              kerstencards.com
              kirstincards.com
              kirstencards.com

and for your collection site.. you might want the plural as well as the misspellings of the word collections

you might even want hyphenated varients.

but, that might be going overboard too.

It doesn't hurt to protect your 'trademark' becuase if your business does grow. beleive me. people will buy variants and put their own stores on them. And, their bad customer support will reflect on you whether you like it or not, whether it is justified or not. Be a little proactive now.. so if you do get really successful, you won't have a pain in the keister later. And also, you will have some potential marketing venues too.

Comment

Working...
              X