Need to get in to my instance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get in to my instance...

So my company purchased Miva Merchant and had worked with our previous developer to get it setup. Now he has left (on less than good terms) and I need to get in and manage the site! HELP! I have never used Miva Merchant.

Re: Need to get in to my instance...

I would first suggest going to the Miva site and going through their online tutorials. If there is something you need urgently in the operation (or fixing) your site then you may want to post up your scenario to hire on one of the experts on here to get your site back up and working.

Miva is very easy to use once you get how it works figured out. As far as basic operation, most anyone can do it after spending minimal time with the user interface. For customization it can get a bit more trickier and web design / background would be recommended.

First - if the employee left on bad terms - I would get in and change all the user and password information so your previous employee doesn't get a bug up his behind and go in and take your site down (delete your entire store).

If you can't get into the site, I would contact your host right away and see if they can get you in or contact Miva technical support to help you get into your store.

Once you secure the access to the store you should be good to go. After going through the tutorials you should have the basics down and if you have any specific questions then post them up here and we'll all do what we can to help.

Another option for you - if your store is already running fine and secure - is to contact your host and see if they have a developement store available for you to go into and play around with - to get familiar with the operation of Miva. That way you can learn how it works without taking the risk of messing up your online store.

Most qualified hosts can do this for you - if your host refuses or doesn't know how to do that then you may want to switch to another host that can better take care of you. There are plenty of hosts who specialize with Miva on this forum should you need bids from any of them.

Hope that helps. Keep the questions coming and we'll do what we can to get you going.
    Kent
    www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Re: Need to get in to my instance...

Hi Zeus,
      Generally speaking, installations of Miva Merchant are not called "instances". Are you looking for help with accessing a Miva Merchant store, or accessing a system on perhaps Amazon EC2, GoGrid, or one of the other "Cloud" systems?

If a store - do you have something in general that you'd like to accomplish?
      If an "instance", do you have something specific you'd like information on?

Bill
      William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
      www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Working...
      X