Miva Service Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Service Club

This may be a dumb question...but...I have been a subscriber to the service club for a while now. And thank you to all when I have a problem, things are certainly taken care of quickly...it is worth the monthly fee.

Here is my question. The "Gems"...how do I get them? Is there a place I go? I was on Chuck's Tutorials and interested in the Basket Display only to find out on his page I had until 31 Jul to download it.

Ummm, it makes me wonder, were there other "gems"? When I first signed up I received the WYSIWYG and buttons (god it was a long while ago), but since then nothing....Are we told by email or something?

Thanks!
    MCPO Ret
    My ugly Miva site that works

Re: Miva Service Club

Robin,

We email them out on roughly the 15th of each month and the email contains a download link for that month's Gem.

Contact support we can get you copies of all the ones you've missed.

Here's a list of what they've been thus far:

1. Welcome pack - Graphics, WYSIWIG Module and Tool Tip for Optimizing Your Checkout

2. August 2008 - Optimizing your store for the holiday season

3. September 2008 - Holiday Graphics Pack

4. October 2008 - Free Shipping with $x spent module (perfect for the holidays)

5. November 2008 - Using a blog to promote your ecommerce site

6. December 2008 - Spring Graphics pack

7. January 2009 - Free Intermediate Tutorials subscription for Merchant Tutorials (contact us for your coupon)

8. February 2009 - Testimonials module which adds a testimonials page and makes adding new testimonials easy

9. March 2009 - Guided Checkout Graphics Pack

10. April 2009 - Backup Modules for Miva Merchant 4.x and 5.x (makes store backup easy with no FTP access required)

11. May 2009 - Tool tip for building a Dev copy of your store

12. June 2009 - Summer and Fall Promotional Graphics for Fourth of July, Labor Day, Back To School

13. July 2009 - Emporium Plus - Show Baskets V5 module

We can give you copies for any month you missed but were a member.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      Robin,

We email them out on roughly the 15th of each month and the email contains a download link for that month's Gem.
      I've never received an email. Will contact support. Thank You.
      MCPO Ret

Comment

All taken care of and I thank everyone for thier quick response (as always). Robin
        MCPO Ret

Comment

I would be interested in joining if you are referring to the ADS WYSIWYG module (which accepts JavaScript code). The other module is not so powerful an incentive to join. Thanks.
          Cell Phone Accessories

Comment

Another dumb question,
            is there a link or somewhere I can go for info on the service club documentation - or knowledge base for discussion? Yes I know that within each "gem" there are files, the
            ".mvc" for the module, and a pdf for instructions.

But case in point - The gem, "price based shipping from OCT08 has two seperate versions within the zip file, but niether pdf's say if its for v5.5 or 4. I can make an assumption that the .1 version is 5.5, but I have learned the hard way not to aasssume. :)

And before anyone beats me to it, I did go to the Adv Tutorials and Chuck has the same mod tutorial, but for MV4 only....this is what makes me pause. Robin
            MCPO Ret

Comment

Robin,

Majority of the gems offered will be for version 5 of Miva Merchant. The v1.1 price based free shipping module is a newer version than the other zip file. Please download the price_based_free_shipping_v1.1.zip and I'll have IT pull down the previous version.

Thank you,

Wayne
              Wayne Smith

Comment

Thank You!
                MCPO Ret

Comment

Working...
                X