UPS Rates Server down time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Rates Server down time?

Does anyone know if UPS post a report on any downtime associated with their rate servers?

We use the https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
    gateway and I've noticed a few orders that have the 'Shipping to be determined later' notice. I can take the same order information and run it through the store again and UPS will return a shipping charge so I was wondering if the servers occasionally go down?

Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Re: UPS Rates Server down time?

Typically when there server is down it breaks your checkout, so I'm not sure an outage can cause this.

Did you use the same address when testing the order?

--
    Thank you,
    Gary Hodder
    Support
    --
    CybrHost Corp. - http://www.cybrhost.com/ - [email protected]
    +1-866-300-MIVA - Professional Miva & E-Commerce web hosting services.
    Premiere Hosting Partner Since 1999

Comment

Yes, exactly the same information. If fact I duplicate the order exactly. I place the same products in the shopping basket. I use the customers name, e-mail address , shipping address, everything exactly as the original order was placed.

Does UPS respond with something that says the shipping can't be
      determined? Or is this a timing issue? Is it possible that the UPS server just does not respond quickly enough and the shipping module is placing the message in the cart.
      Last edited by gsam; 09-15-09, 08:43 AM.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

UPS doesn't respond with that message - it simply doesn't return a rate, and that causes that message to display.

And UPS' outages doesn't necessarily break the checkout - only if you are requiring that shipping be calculated (which you obviously aren't - and that's actually a good thing). Chances are it was a brief outage, lengthy delay or it just couldn't handle the request at the time.
        Best,
        Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
        Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
        Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
        pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Working...
        X