Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Fulfillment/B2B Ordering System

Hi,

I was curious if anyone out there might be able to help with a software issue that I haven't been able to find quite the right solution for. I'm looking for some order fulfillment software that integrates with Miva where I can send my Miva store orders to for shipping fulfilment and then sent on to be recorded in QuickBooks. In the same system, I'd like to be able to have wholesalers be able to create an account where they can see all of our products listed, but with specific pricing rules that are unique to their account, and also be able to make a purchase from there. I've juggled with trying to do all of this in Miva itself, but haven't really found a solution for that either.

Other items that are important, but not dealbreakers would be separate user permissions in the fulfillment software for warehouse employees, reporting and various other drop shipping capabilities.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this or other avenues to look for solutions to this?

Thanks

I don't think you are going to find a "single" plug in solution, but rather a careful selection of one or two, plus some modifications to Miva itself. I also think the best solution will result from getting a well rounded developer to assist you in both designing and implementing the solution.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Do you have any recommendations on the one or two you're referencing?

Comment

I don't, but if I did, it would be my preference and not necessarily one that matched your circumstances. :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I agree with Bruce. I think you're looking for a few separate solutions here. The one for shipping fulfillment will be separate for the one for QuickBooks import will be separate from your warehouse system. A lot of this would be dependent on the downstream requirements.

Are you doing your own warehousing, or are you using a vendor? If the latter, do they have an API that you can use to pass order data to their system? If you are doing your own fulfillment, what software are you using and how can you import data into that?

Miva already makes a QuickBooks integration production that you can purchase. Or you can do like I did and write something yourself to transform the flat file order export into a QuickBooks import file.

The wholesaler information sounds like it could be done pretty straight from within Miva using pricing and availability groups.

I would encourage you to think about the functionality you need in terms of the discrete things you want to accomplish and address them individually instead of looking for a single solution. There are some things out there you could use or you could develop the pieces independently relatively easily rather than building a big, complex solution to do everything.
          Todd Gibson
          Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Working...
          X