Google App vs Google Chrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google App vs Google Chrome.

Does anyone have experience with Google App they want to share?

I just discovered the Google App for the desktop. Unfortunate branding makes it really unclear what it is.

At first it looks like your just running the Chrome web browser, but instead (it seems to me ) it's a graphical interface that runs google services of the web, instead of on your local computer. So its using less CPU and less memory than Chrome.

I normally have multiple tabs open all day long in Chrome including, couple of Gmail account, Hangouts, + web projects I'm working on.

It's unclear, if It I can have it doing the same thing, or if I have to keep switching apps to check the status.

What are your thoughts?

Ray Yates
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    --- Sir Isaac Newton

I always thought it was just a Chrome Browser launcher that defaulted to different Google Apps like Drive, Maps, etc.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I think it's more of a "thin client" and the apps are actually running remotely. Also it appears to only run one app at a time, and not sure if notifications will work.

I mainly wanted to use Google hangouts, like Skype, and keep it open all the time, but though it would be great if I could also keep email open "at the same time" and clear up all the crap I have loaded in chrome when I'm also debugging Jquery, Javascript css and so on.

I mainly use Firefox developer edition for development and between the two browsers, it's not uncommon to have 20 tabs open at once.

Ray Yates
      "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
      --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Working...
      X