Google Search (WMT) console flagging errors that shouldn't be scanned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Search (WMT) console flagging errors that shouldn't be scanned

Is there a way to prevent long style URLs from being scanned?

Yes, we're using URI Management, the short URL style for now(productcode.html). Just got a report of errors for scanned pages that didn't load correctly, as in no Style sheets. The errors were responsive violations such as Objects too close, etc. I'm also not sure how they were scanned even though I'm not sure they weren't accidentally submitted in a sitemap file. These pages don't need to be fixed to solve the issue. I think they need to be prevented from being scanned. The URLs turned out to be a Merchant long URL and generated internally, such as when loading up an UpSale or Gift Cert page. Or, it's an old URL because it has a session_ID and session_IDs are no longer used in the URLs. I never knew why the previous agency used them.

Is there some robot.txt command? Or if need be, an htaccess instruction?

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

UPDATE: I have found that the URLs that were scanned did not exist in the sitemap.xml files.

This is the URL being scanned:

I think it's an OLD URL that the SEs know about somehow because it looks like an internally created URL. I need to keep this "page" from being scanned regardless if I discover why. Would the robots.txt be it? What would the command be? NOTE: There are multiple URLs with this structure, so is there a way for a pattern that the bots will know NOT to scan.

Thanks,

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
    X