X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by ids View Post
    It's a good question. Adding the image tag to a product logically seems redundant. But, we're kinda talking about Google.

However, if the tag exists for a product in the sitemap and it's an invalid path, I am guessing Google will add this to the penalty list?

Scott
    I'm "thinking" that Google doesn't like anything broken. Now is it smart enough to figure out it's not broken? Nope, you sent them a file telling them where to look, so they are trusting that it's correct. So yeah, you could run a big list of "broken".

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    It's a good question. Adding the image tag to a product logically seems redundant. But, we're kinda talking about Google.

However, if the tag exists for a product in the sitemap and it's an invalid path, I am guessing Google will add this to the penalty list?

Scott

Leave a comment:

• nottheusual1
    replied
    Won't the image(s) get indexed when the page(s) in the sitemap get indexed? I've read both sides - with and without images, and neither argument seems overriding.

Leave a comment:

• ids
    started a topic image, paths, and Sitemaps

image, paths, and Sitemaps

What are the ramifications when the path to the product images is wrong in sitemap.xml?

Scott
Working...
X