Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Manager

Screenshot 2022-10-17 155347.png

Does anyone know of a simple file manager sort of like this https://www.enduracladcoatings.com/download-gallery/ I just want to be able to upload files to a /docs folder in our Miva server and add a title.

On the front end we show these mostly on the product pages

Screenshot 2022-10-17 155147.png

and in the admin these are just custom fields.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 155347.png
    I don't need anything too fancy. I can FTP the files and I know I can find a simple PHP example to read and spit out a list of links from a folder but wasn't sure if that would compromise security for the store, and having the nicety of a title for the link just makes it easier for me to know what each file is as there are probably 150 or so pdfs.

Over the years different people did different things and so the files are scattered in 3 locations which makes managing them a pain and error prone. I was sending a customer some Technical Data Sheets for some paint and realized some of the colors had different versions -some were from an older system we had and the links were never updated.

We do have a Miva site rebuild in the works so we will likely roll in some sort of simple document management like this, but that is probably 6-8 months away so if I can do something simple without creating a security hole that would be great.
    Attached Files

If you go the PHP route, I'd advise having our staff deploy either a unique domain/subdomain for the content, or a virtual directory that maps to a separate subscription on the server, so the PHP code is isolated from your store server-side. If you can easily control the file names though you could just auto generate the links at the store level and if the appropriate files are present and named correctly they'd 'just work'.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you. Mulling it over.

Comment

Working...
      X