Responsive simulator in browser dev tools vs smartphone browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responsive simulator in browser dev tools vs smartphone browser

I have a script that configures a jquery/jquery-ui plugin that pops up a screen.. When viewing the page in responsive mode in dev tools the plug in works as expected. When looking at the page on my iPhone 7 using Safari and/or Chrome the plugin doesn't appear to work.

There are no console errors in dev tools and unable to see any on the iPhone. I'm looking for ideas to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

More pieces aren't working. Not just the plugin. This is a customized Shadows theme. The hamburger menu on my iPhone is also not working. But this is somewhat intermittent and I haven't seen what that pattern is yet. Just looking for a way to troubleshoot. The menu part doesn't use modals or popups, but I've made sure that Safari isn't blocking popups.

Scott
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

as you might know, phone emulators are 'just a suggestion of appearance' since, if on a PC, they are not running IOS. So, look for where the JS/jquery interacts with the IOS.

(Ever since my MacPro died I've been tempted to buy a cheap mac, just to run their App Development tool which has a perfect iPhone / device emulator.)

and, i think we've seen this before on a site we worked on together...think it was the clocks site. (if that's a help at all--you are the one that fixed it regardless :) )
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I fixed it? Good to know. I must have moved the JQuery load around. That would explain the hamburger menu not working on that page.

Thanks,
        Scott

Comment

You know. that DOES sound familar.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X