Custom code for parsing new tables in database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom code for parsing new tables in database

Our desire is to have a custom module that will use our power reviews xml file (downloaded daily from them) that will then be parsed and the data displayed on our site. I believe that I can create the customization to populate two new tables

from the xml file and create the cron job that will update the tables daily.

Our main goal is to improve our SEO ranking on our PROD pages by displaying fresh content on our site and removing the javascript call to power reviews; this content will again be hosted by us. Another one of our stores: justnebulizers.com currently does this but is using Magento and php. An example: http://justnebulizers.com/micro-air-...-ne-u22v.html/ (look at the Customer says it best section).

There are other more minor parts to this project. I have all the code written in php currently.

Please send me your email and I can send you a more comprehensive document explaining the whole project.

Thanks

Re: Custom code for parsing new tables in database

Hi there,

So is the end goal to get your reviews as inline content? We do a lot of API work for 3rd party services - shoot me a note with the full details. Have you asked Miva or PowerReviews if they would build this into the stock module?

Best,
    James
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

Working...
    X