Looking for someone to download site from Miva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for someone to download site from Miva

We need to hire someone to take our Miva site and download it, so that we have the .html for each pages. We would like to import the entire site into expression web and properely coode it and then publish it to a new domain? Anyone know how to do this?

Re: Looking for someone to download site from Miva

Sure we can do that, but not sure what you would do with it afterwards since if the entire site is "html" pages, you can't use it as an e-commerce site. If, on the other hand, you need help with just correcting the 'programming' that generates the pages from Miva Merchant, we can help with that too.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

You can use HTTrack to download a site, but I'll echo that I'm not sure that it would be a huge help in the long run. I'd export the data and import into something else dynamic if you aren't happy with Miva.
      Michael Davidson
      Picturesque
      http://picturesqueweb.com

Comment

I just want to be able to have an old fashion .html web site, that I can publish on my own to a web server, with static html pages in which I can change the tag code as I like. We dont care about all of the Miva crap. Take a look at the site www.airecycle.com

How much will this cost?

Comment

The site you provided a link to is a Miva Merchant store loaded with "Miva crap". They've done a good job with clean URLs and have taken advantage of the templating of Miva. I'd be happy to discuss what it is you are looking for, Miva or non-Miva, and help you achieve that goal or head you in the right direction. I'll contact you through the forum's private messaging and we can continue from there.
          Michael Davidson
          Picturesque
          http://picturesqueweb.com

Comment

Originally posted by alex76 View Post
            I just want to be able to have an old fashion .html web site, that I can publish on my own to a web server, with static html pages in which I can change the tag code as I like. We dont care about all of the Miva crap. Take a look at the site www.airecycle.com

How much will this cost?
            Do you not want to have an 'ecommerce' site? If you just want a static, marketing only site, I would look at using something like Drupal (http://drupal.org/). Unless you are talking about a few dozen pages...managing any site with plan HTML is very labor intensive.

Otherwise, what PicturesqueWeb said.
            Last edited by Bruce - PhosphorMedia; 08-26-11, 12:52 PM.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Depending on how many pages, you can just load each page in a web browser, click on "show source" and then cut and past it yourself. There, you have an .html page without the miva. This of course makes the page 100% static and it can no longer be edited dynamically.
              Kent
              www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

HTTrack, find it through a google search. You can download a demo good for a short time which is enough to download your store.

It will create an html file for every page on the store but it gives them a name like merchant00ab.htm so it's had to associate with a product or category. But I does work, it created 1,600 html files for me.
                Gary

[email protected]
                www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Working...
                X