No announcement yet.

Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST & OSEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST & OSEL

Hello Miva developers:
    We have the need to have our own quote program executed during the server processing of the OCST page. The OCST page will contain data elements that are to be passed to our PHP program.

The PHP program will reply with shipping quote(s). These quote(s) need to be combined with our Viking Coders UPS shipping quote and then returned to the OSEL page in the shippingmethods array or as a deliminitated string.

Please contact me privately if interested.

Larry
    [email protected]
    Last edited by wajake41; 04-28-13, 08:54 AM.
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Re: Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST & OSEL

Larry
    Last edited by wajake41; 04-29-13, 06:43 AM.
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Re: Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST & OSEL

Can't you just call your program externally and then add the returns just after (or before) the list returned from Merchant? (Then, if one of those is selected, insert into the basket charges using tool kit/tool belt?).

Otherwise, you need to create a custom shipping module that does that...which isn't cheap. (Its not real expensive, just not cheap.)
      Last edited by Bruce - PhosphorMedia; 04-29-13, 08:41 AM.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce: A little more on this. We already have and employ a shipping cost program which is executed via AJAX. But this is done after the display of the OSEL page by the customer and after they have entered addition information about their delivery requirements.
        We intend to add international shipping using Bongo to this site so the determination of shipping must be moved back to a point before Bongo redirects the Miva checkout to their checkout. This happens somewhere in the server processing after OCST and before OSEL. Consequently we have not yet determined all shipping options, only those returned from our Viking UPS quote program.

So somewhere near where the UPS module is performed and prior to the redirection to Bongo, we would like to have our quote program executed. And have it's results combined with the UPS quote into the shippingmethods array. The variables needed by our quote program are available in the page submitted from OCST.

Without knowledge of the server processing that occurs after OCST, I am imagining that this could be as simple as calling our program(when a quote is needed, we will pass a flag indicating this) with the required variables from the OCST page and then combining the returned quote results (often more that 1) with the UPS quote result into the shipping methods array that is provided to OSEL. Sounds pretty simple, probably isn't as simple as I would like though.

Regards, Larry
        Last edited by wajake41; 04-29-13, 09:40 AM.
        Larry
        Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

You would probably need to call your shipping script from a Merchant Shipping module so it can be processed along with the other shipping rules.

With most custom work, at least 50% of the cost of the work is figuring out what you actually need to do<g>.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Re: Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST &amp; OSEL

Hi Bruce: Actually we have that pretty well defined at this point. I can provide the details to anyone with the Miva coding experience needed to do this.
            Adding this to our Viking Coders module I think would be difficult. Hope there is an easier way to do it.
            Larry
            Last edited by wajake41; 05-01-13, 06:46 AM.
            Larry
            Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Re: Looking for someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST &amp; OSEL

Hello forum: Problem solved. Went with AJAX and our PHP shipping program on submission of the OCST page to get shipping costs from our four freight carriers. These rates are passed to OSEL via a hidden OCST field and displayed there as Radio buttons. Customer can than select the shipping rate they want and proceed to OPAY and checkout. Pretty simple once I got my head around it. Surprised that there was almost no interest in this effort from the developers on the forum. Larry
              Last edited by wajake41; 05-22-13, 03:47 PM.
              Larry
              Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

I think the lack of effort is because we figured you'd figure it out on your own anyway<g>.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hey Bruce: Thanks for your vote of confidence. But actually I've only accomplished the domestic shipping side of this. I still need to get this shipping information to our international partner Bongo. I'm guessing this will entail getting our shipping quote(s), that are passed from OCST, added to the s01_BrokUps_BrokUpsBaskets table's methods column. At least that my WAG with not knowing anything about Miva's OCST page processing and how Bongo gets our domestic shipping charge. This has to be done after the Viking Coder UPS call and before Bongo hijackes the OSEL page. I definitely can't make this change myself. Larry
                  Larry
                  Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Issue resolved. Larry
                    Larry
                    Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

I personally Think that this is the amazing thread where you can easily lookfor someone to provide a gateway to our PHP program between OCST & OSEL...

Comment

Working...
                      X