Need Google Panda Site Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Google Panda Site Overhaul

Long story short - My website ranked on page one in Google for my key search term for eight years and business was good. I sold the website two years ago and owner financed a portion. Recently, the new owner told me that the search traffic had disappeared and that he could no longer afford to pay the balance owed. He returned the website to me.

The loss in rank and traffic apparently has to do with Google panda updates. I note that other small businesses that were previously on page one for the term disappeared as well (although recently one of them has managed to find his way back to page two - wonder if he'd tell me how he recovered?).

I am unable to devote the time needed to determine how to recover from this loss of rank and traffic. The site needs to be given the once over for general recommended practices (such as meta tags, unique product descriptions, updated pricing, etc.) but the larger issue is in determining what has prompted Google to decide that a business that was previously page 1 is now page 80+. Site SEO has always been above board.

So... I am looking for the services of someone who might have addressed a similar situation with positive results.
    If this is you or you can recommend someone, please send a message my way.

Thanks,
    Lori
    petcratesdirect.com

Re: Need Google Panda Site Overhaul

Lori, do you know if you've received a manual action (penalty) from Google? It would be in your messages section in Google webmaster tools, if you've set that up. (If not, go set it up, it's quite helpful). That would help me, and probably any other interested parties, know what you're facing.
    Susan
    Susan Petracco
    NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Hi Susan,

No manual action there. The html improvements section shows a few pages with duplicate meta descriptions and title tags (various versions of the same product) and back in Dec. they sent a message about a large drop in traffic for one of the top pages (no real explanations offered).

Lori

Comment

I just sent you a PM, Lori.
        -Susan
        Susan Petracco
        NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X