Miva Merchant 5.5 Store Overhaul / Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 5.5 Store Overhaul / Upgrade

We handled as much of the job of moving our MM4 store to our MM5 as we could internally, but there are some major issues we'd like to change, and I know the code we're using is old and outdated and terribly inefficient. We also have a few things we’d like to change in the behavior of Miva Features, so I know we’re looking for a lot of Miva Specific knowledge. Also, this would need to be a relatively quick turnaround (not months of small changes). I can save anyone who is interested a bit of wondering and just say these things will need to be done.

-Overhauling the HTML/CSS
    -SEO work
    -Miva Layout and Behavior regarding the category tree and other product and category functionality
    -Better Google Analytics integration
    -Possible Mobile operability, as we have noticed some of our traffic has been coming from Tablet/Mobile(Govt Blackberry) platforms.

Now to also address some things we don’t want…
    1. We supply products to the U.S. Government, Military, and Law Enforcement Organizations. Therefore, we must verify all orders are placed by those actually affiliated with Govt, Fed, Mil, or LEO. We do not use the checkout feature, the basket system is really just to try and give the person a rough idea. Some products do not display a price because it changes quite often, and we have a system to allow them to request a quote that works excellent.
    2. We don’t need any custom graphics or specific design done. Mainly we need to address the layout of content, and we will need some layout done for graphics we do have and want to continue to use.

I know we will want to add two modules, one to ensure that we can handle traffic and the site runs great (Merchant Optimizer), and one to make my life easier when dealing with a lot of products on a daily basis. (StoreMan5)

We have the idea of what we want, but I’m nowhere near familiar enough with Miva to achieve it, and overhauling every bit of CSS and HTML would take far too long for just me to do, with my other Job responsibilities added in.

In closing, this is no small job and we would like to find someone who has a team, and can demonstrate experience with a similar level of complexity in terms of total site work. I would be happy to discuss specific in depth details, so please feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by TGCAdmin; 10-16-13, 09:56 AM.

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Store Overhaul / Upgrade

Hello there,
    feel free to contact us via the links in my signature if you are interested. Check out our site to get an idea of Miva projects we have worked on. Have a good weekend!
    Sabine Sharp
    eCommerce Strategies & Solutions
    Glendale Designs
    Support Desk

Comment

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Store Overhaul / Upgrade

Hi Panther. I do that kind of work. Check out my site mivaman.com. I have many clients that have had the same issues. Here are a few.

toyqube.com
      rescuepetstore.com
      lindseyracing.com
      birdcages4less.com
      polarbearcoolers.com
      fastees.com

Thank You
      Kevin
      304-915-0003

Comment

Working...
      X