Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update my website from Miva Merchant 5.5 Production Release 8 Update 12 to Bootstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update my website from Miva Merchant 5.5 Production Release 8 Update 12 to Bootstrap

I know that maybe it is too early to ask for an update to the new framework Bootsrap but just in case somebody has already a nice layout.

thanks,
    Carina
    www.loveandlucky.com

Re: Update my website from Miva Merchant 5.5 Production Release 8 Update 12 to Boots

Hi Mrs. Carina,

Also note that your current live site is MMUI. So this upgrade is much more than applying a new framework.

Ron
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Re: Update my website from Miva Merchant 5.5 Production Release 8 Update 12 to Boots

Thank you Ron!

:)
      www.loveandlucky.com

Comment

Basically this is a 'rebuild'. Or, at least should be. The steps are basically the same as 'upgrading' but because you will materially have to start over from scratch. Because of this, you'd be best served by taking the time to analyze what--from a business logic/customer focus--works and what doesn't. In other words, it doesn't pay at this point to carry over any 'bad decisions' you might have lived with in the past because they where not bad enough to warrant fixing.

This includes how categories and products are setup and defined, as this will be the one large chunk that could be 'converted' over to the new framework.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X