Need Help Layout Out The Product Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Layout Out The Product Page

I am re-doing a store for a client. We will mostly be using static pages to sell the products, and using Miva Merchant to complete the sales. Here is how a Miva Product Page looks now:

http://dev.oldmanmountain.com/Mercha...Yes&Quantity=1

As you can see, the labels next to the text boxes and drop-down menus are too cramped. Not good. Also, the product description is way below the photo and likely to be missed. We would prefer the layout look something more like this:

NewLayout.jpg

Also, we hope that this can be coded once and that it will appear this way for all of the product pages.

I have another problem…after uploading files and updating the Global Header, the Add To Basket button has been changed to just text with a grey background.

There may be a problem with the attributes, too. I think I checked the "R" box in the Attributes panel to require choices from the pop-up menus; but, I do not get any warning when those are not selected and Add To Basket is clicked.

Finally, It seems like there should be both an Add To Basket button and a Check Out Now Button. Can you add these for us? (Oh! Speaking of Add To Basket…it seems most sites refer to a Basket as a Cart. We should change all the cases of Basket to Cart in the site.)

What would you charge to do it?

Thank you!

Bob
    Last edited by JustBobF; 03-07-14, 06:59 PM.

Re: Need Help Layout Out The Product Page

What you need is in the PROD page Bob. In 'Pages' look for the PROD page. Load that and look to the "Product Display Layout" tab. If you stare at that code long enough it will start to make sense to you (smile). Its fairly easy, sometimes it helps to have the cart page open in one window and the admin in another.

Hope that gets you started...

Jon

Comment

Hey Bob -

Everything you want to customize can be done on the PROD page template like Jon mentioned above.

The layout of the attributes can be adjusted on the "Product Attribute Template" Tab, once editing the PROD page.

The reason your attribute validation is not working is because you have a "blank" attribute as the first attribute. From Miva's perspective that is the same as any other size and color. If you want to add a "Select One" to the attributes, the best way is to delete the blank attributes you have setup and edit the Product Attribute Template above to hard code a Select One attribute with a value of nothing.

It would look something like this:

Code:
      <mvt:elseif expr="( l.settings:attribute:type EQ 'select' ) OR ( l.settings:attribute:type EQ 'swatch-select' )">
          <select name="Product_Attributes[&mvt:attribute:index;]:value">
              <option value="" selected>Select One</option>
          <mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="attribute:options">
      The add to basket button can be edited on the PROD page template as well.

I would highly recommend you check out our free online developer training series. This will walk you though the different pages of Miva Merchant and how to build and customize a Miva Merchant store.

http://www.mivamerchant.com/videos/c...raining-series
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X