Help with Shipping Calculations for orders via Miva Merchant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Shipping Calculations for orders via Miva Merchant

The most complex issues we face as an internet retailer is the correct calculation of shipping costs. With several thousand products weighting from a few ounces to several pounds this is a challenge we are not managing well.

As an example, for some products the use of Flat Rate Boxes from the USPS are ideal. But an order for one or two bundles of these products is too light to benefit from the Flat Rate. Since the box will only hold a limited number of the product, a Flat Rate quote for orders with too many of the item makes the Flat Rate Option unworkable. For the quantity in a set range the flat rate is a winner.

Just an example of what we are facing. So we are seeking assistance from a reputable company with experience in this area and knowledge of Miva Merchant and interface with FedEx and USPS.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you can assist us with this project.

Its a big leap, but what I think you need here is to use a fulfillment center. They are going to be the one's that have the wherewithal to handle complex shipping issues. I'd see what the miva community has to say about their experiences as not all fulfillment centers are created equally.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Its a big leap, but what I think you need here is to use a fulfillment center. They are going to be the one's that have the wherewithal to handle complex shipping issues. I'd see what the miva community has to say about their experiences as not all fulfillment centers are created equally.
      Maybe I need more coffee, but wouldn't shipping calculations still be an issue no matter who is fulfilling the orders? I agree Fillfillment Centers might have some further insight on certain shipping situations and there is the potential to simplify shipping with centers being spread out over the targeted delivery area, but unless there is an associated shipping module for Miva, someone still has to do the grunt work to get the calculations as close as possible to their specific needs.

Comment

maybe...that was over a month ago...i think i was giving up snorting coffee that week.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X