Need to upgrade our old site from MMUI to CSSUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to upgrade our old site from MMUI to CSSUI

We have had the same platform since 2003 and I've been told we are not able to use any of the responsive templates if our platform is MMUI. We need to upgrade to CSSUI. Our site is barrymorelive.com.

It’ has been that long? Wow! You’re going to like all the new things Miva has.

I would recommend asking for a new blank dev store. Then install a readytheme, style it to your liking and export / import your data from the old store. Best to start fresh. The actual data is still legit. Do you want help with this process?
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

This should assist as well: https://docs.miva.com/videos/mmui-to...nv-tool-module
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Barrymore, I sent a PM to you. I can be reached at [email protected].

Scott
        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barrymore View Post
          We have had the same platform since 2003 and I've been told we are not able to use any of the responsive templates if our platform is MMUI. We need to upgrade to CSSUI. Our site is barrymorelive.com.
          We migrated our store from MM4.24c to M9.7 a little over two years ago -without question Miva has always been an exceptional platform.

Unfortunately, our particular migration was not as smooth as we would have liked and took much longer than anticipated for several reasons. In all fairness to everyone involved in the migration project, we were migrating from a platform that though great it was several generations old that relied on several third-party modules to get things done, that in most cases are now built into Miva's current platform or in some minor instances a module developed by them.

Our old frontend was heavily customized over the years with conditionals scripts to improve conversions which required customizing new framework/templates. Thus, we decided to postpone migration project until Miva develop a mobile friendly responsive HTML5/CSS3 frontend to minimize the expense of developing a new frontend from scratch in-house.

At that time there were no fully reliable data migration solutions from Miva's legacy platform MM4.24c to then current M9.7 platform because there was no need due to most stores had already migrated generations earlier. Consequently, our 300+ categories hierarchy nor our product inventory (over 10k) status/count were properly preserved. Lesson learned, the longer one takes to migrate data from a legacy system generations old to current platform, the more likely you are going to run into greater, costly and impacting problems.

Whether or not the savings realized in developing of a very costly new mobile friendly responsive HTML5/CSS3 frontend from scratch in-house by postponing migration project from legacy platform generations old to current platform until platform developer has developed solution is worth it, is something that requires careful considerations of many different factors.

Fortunately, it all eventually worked out at the end thanks to Rick and a few others.

Finally, I do recommend you have a very detailed written minimum requirements project scope and migration plan, and have it thoroughly reviewed by everyone on a regular basis that is involved with the project.

Good luck.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
          X