Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Help With Checkout and Payment for Unique Situation

Hello,

Our site at http://www.restoration-design.com/ needs to update it's payment and checkout process.
    We currently use simple validation and new rules are stating the requirements of CVV codes now for many transactions.

We are based in Canada, but do a lot of business in USA, so we have a specific requirement to:

1) Add a currency convertor, either on the entire site, or at the very least at checkout.
    2) The idea would be at perhaps the OUSL page to have a button or option to say 'US Customer' and 'Canadian Customer'
    3) That would take us to a unique page that would have a separate checkout to 2 different merchant accounts (a USD and a CAD one with First Data)
    4) First Data suggests using Bambora as our gateway which we can have a link to their payment page on their server, or we can integrate Authorize.net
    5) Of course after payment is made with either solution, we are given the order confirmation screen
    6) We calculate shipping and duty etc. on our own end from the gateway, then capture the card info, but that is irrelevant to this project.

The crucial parts to this are
    1) Be able to checkout to the correct USD or CAD account
    2) Be able to integrate it into the OSUL/OPAY pages of MIVA
    3) If we use Bambora's separate checkout page link, that when submitting the payment info, the user returns to an order confirmation page on our site.
    4) If we use the Authorize.net module - can we have two instances of it? A USD version and a CAD version? Or perhaps a radio button that switches between the two etc.?

I think it is a capable task for a developer with the correct knowledge of MIVA backend.

PS: I have found simple looking currency convertors like this https://dynamicconverter.com/ - but I am not sure if applying this will carry the correct converted amount to the shopping cart / checkout area when selecting Canadian for example.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Unsu; 07-05-18, 07:34 AM.

I should also note I have a dev site that mirrors the current site running, so we can do all the testing on there.

Comment

I think you're over complicating things as the "Settings" tab within the payment section lets you restrict payment methods by a million different ways including country. You can have multiple payment gateways at once. You can't have multiple of the SAME gateway unless you did some database wizardry which would make your site unique and hard to update. Give Glendale Designs a ring GDesigns
      Colin Puttick
      Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think we do need multiple of the same gateway as our First Data rep says we need both a USD account (which is currently active) and a separate CAD account to process the correct orders. So that was my concern with the Authorize.net module, there didn't seem to be a way to install 2 of them, linking to two different merchant accounts, if that makes sense?

Comment

Unique situations are my specialty :^) . For starters, I have a currency converter module that's available off the shelf; I can install a copy for you right away. It works across the entire store, converting all prices to whatever currency the customer selects from a dropdown menu. As for the rest of it, I've done similar things for other Canadian merchants; I can put together a solution for you. Why don't you drop me a line by email so we can discuss the details.

Thanks --
          Kent Multer
          Magic Metal Productions
          http://TheMagicM.com
          * Web developer/designer
          * E-commerce and Miva
          * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Working...
          X