Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need developer to create clone site without Subenza and convert current framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need developer to create clone site without Subenza and convert current framework

Our current website is outdated and we need to remove the Subenza Category Template Manager before we are able to update our software to Miva 10. We are worried removing Subenza will alter the look of the website, so we are searching for a developer to create a clone site without Subenza to test what the site will look like.

Additionally, we are looking to convert our current website framework. We are currently using the Miva Merchant Look & Feel ("MMUI") framework and would like to change it to the current CSSUI framework.

We are looking for a developer to help us with these tasks. If you are interested PM me or contact [email protected].

Thank you,
    Olivia

sherryachi by the sounds of it you're probably best to ask Miva for a new dev site and use the default Shadows2 theme. Then export and import your products and categories, change a few colors and golive with that. Then make a new Miva 10 branch and develop the custom functionality you require on that branch. Just for curiosity what is the Web site URL?
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Might be more difficult than that Colin. First, AFAIK, you have to run an MMUI to CSSUI conversion, THEN apply the new framework. Even doing that, we've had a number of issues creep up. We generally recommend starting from a Blank Miva 10 site, exporting / importing product data, and then depending on needs, importing the Order Data. That last part is tricky and we've always relied on (and he may hate me for recommending--this task tends to make him grumpy) Scott from southbound.com ([email protected]). He has some high level tools to help automate this task.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yup, you're right, and that's what I meant. Start fresh and tx data. :)
        Colin Puttick
        Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingdigital View Post
          Yup, you're right, and that's what I meant. Start fresh and tx data. :)
          eh, yea...bad reading comprehension day
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X