Catalog Request Database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalog Request Database

Many years ago, we set up a catalog request form page for customers to request a print catalog. It wrote the information to a database file, which we import a few times a month into our main system. As we are now updating our site, is there a simpler way now in Miva (with or without the purchase of a module) to create a form that can save the information into a database file? Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.

• I'll follow along on this. We're doing the same thing. Form submits to a db, php/mysql iframed into a miva page. I'm open to a better way. Piggybacking on to your post.

Cheers!
    Ron Frigon
    The Web Dude at J. Rousek Toy Co.

Comment

• Any other ideas or solutions out there? I can't believe other Miva users have not set-up a way for potential customers to request a print catalog (or just to get names and addresses) and write the results to a database.

Comment

• Make the form and use SMT to create/append to a csv file after the form submission has been validated. You can use the built in mivascript functions file_create(..) and file_append(..) to do this. I can create this scripting for you, contact me on scotsscripts.com for rates and details.
        M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept