Customer deletes session_id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer deletes session_id

I have a radio button on OSEL that shows or hides a shipping option based on whether the customer has clicked 'Will Call' on a previous page. Will Call is a warehouse pickup with $0.00 shipping. Well some clever guy, who was asking for free shipping discovered that if you delete the Session_ID and hit enter the page reloads and now the hidden $0.00 rate is there.

I want to modify the condition

<mvt:if expr="g.willcall EQ 'yes'>

to add an AND to trap that somehow and keep it hidden

I tried stuff like

<mvt:if expr="g.willcall EQ 'yes' AND NOT ISNULL g.session_id">

and

<mvt:if expr="g.willcall EQ 'yes' AND NOT ISNULL g.session_id AND 'Session_ID' CIN s.request_uri EQ">

guessing I need a different value than s.request to reflect the actual state of the current 'modified' url?

Any help appreciated. Just looking for a simple option here as I am not a real coder.

You cannot really delete the session id. If you delete the cookie that tracks the customers session id, Miva will just create a new one. On the other hand, what is the harm. They don't get 'free' shipping, they get an order that sits on your loading doc until they rent a truck and pick it up :)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

It's true, though when they bypass it this way they are able to put in a shipping address (we normally auto-fill the warehouse address if they pick 'will call on the previous page). The only hassle is that they run the charge, then we call them back and tell them 'something went wrong' -because we can't accuse them and they try to get some discount because of 'our mistake' and we have to create another charge. :) This is only the 2nd time I've seen this in the past couple years so not the end of the world. :)

Comment

Maybe the thing do to is, IF shipping EQ will call, Delete Shipping address...
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X