Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility Basket

Hi,
    we had a customer, not logged in who wanted to order items in her basket (which we found under Utilities/Basket). Is there a process to either copy or send her order into an active order, so we do not have to re-type?

That functionality isn't currently available, but it is a very useful suggestion. I'm going to write up a bug so we can implement it (sorry, I know that doesn't help you at this particular time, but hopefully when you come across this in the future, it'll be easier).
    Ryan Guisewite
    Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
    www.miva.com

Comment

I have a solution for this problem.

Originally posted by katcooks View Post
      Hi,
      we had a customer, not logged in who wanted to order items in her basket (which we found under Utilities/Basket). Is there a process to either copy or send her order into an active order, so we do not have to re-type?
      https://www.southbound.com/mm5/merch...nt_autobaskets

Without an email you can't contact the customer. Merchant's baskets will eventually expire and be purged. This tool can help with maintaining contact with your customers.

Scott

Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
      Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
      MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
      Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
      AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
      My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

BTW: we are implementing Scott's Auto Basket module in several sites as we type. It can address many issues with basket management such in using a short basket timeout to keep inventory in check without pissing off your customers (it just rechecks inventory before restoring the basket) and allows for sharing of baskets (i.e, create basket on phone, send to desktop or to someone else for actual ordering). And because its both a module and integration, it can often be customized to handle other similar needs. (Though their might be additional costs naturally.)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X