'one of multiple choice' freebies based on total purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'one of multiple choice' freebies based on total purchase

We were going to give out some free items for Black Friday based on total purchase. We plan to do it in tiers. Each tier level will have multiple options -so the customer could pick item 1, item 2 or item 3.

I thought I could use Price Group/Add-On option since you can set a qualifying total, and assign products. I created a test product for each tier, with the options being each of the freebies in that group ie tier one might have 3 options which they can choose one of - a crank powered flash light, an LED headlamp or an LED flashlight (3 items of similar cost to us).

The tiers do fire correctly and add the product BUT it adds the product without requiring/allowing you to pick an option even though the 'required' box is checked for the option group.

Any suggestions?

I think you could do this with the upsale function. Create an upsale on each of your products based on order total and with a 100% discount on the product price. Then assign all items in the store to the upsale. You'll need to configure Miva to allow multiple upsales per order and have that page configured in your store. If it's all done correctly, during checkout the user will have the opportunity to select one of the items that fall into the tier to add to cart at no cost.
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

That sounds possible - thanks.

Comment

Okay so it looks like Upsale will work because there is a setting under marketing/Settings/Upsale Options

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gj0un69lpjjzrm/cap.jpg?raw=1

I set up the tiers and if they qualify for multiple tiers they can only choose one of the items from a tier they qualify for, and the missing options dialog does come up via upsale so they can choose one of the options (each option is a product).

The only thing I do have to do is disable my normal upsale items for the duration of the sale because the'yd get the normal upsale item at a reduced price would pop up but if they picked it they couldn't then get the Black Friday freebie.
        Last edited by habreu; 11-14-18, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X