upsold_product:descrip;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upsold_product:descrip;

This is very likely a dumb question but...

I was working with OUSM and can get an upsold products description like this

&mvt:upsold_product:descrip;

but if I try to assign the value to a variable first to strip out the HTML with l.settings:upsold_product:descrip; it is empty. I can't find any documentation that lists all the elements that are part of array so wondering if someone can tell me where to look, or some way to iterate through the 'upsale' array and spit out all the element names.

Interesting. I don't see 'upsold_product:descrip' in either the template code or token list...sure its there? You could use the code to do a ProductLoad() function and get the description that way.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

When I use &mvt:upsold_product:descrip; I get the product description contents. If I could shove the data from &mvt:upsold_product:descrip; into a global and then use that but my effort didn't work on that either. I'll lookup the ProductLoad() function - thanks.

Comment

what's the actual line of code you are using to strip the html?
        This:

Code:

<mvt:assign name="g.allowed_tags" value="''" /> <mvt:eval expr="miva_html_strip( l.settings:product:descrip, g.allowed_tags )" />
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I was trying it with the Tool Belt command

<mvt:item name="ry_toolbelt" param="striphtml|g.text_only|l.all_settings:produc t:descrip" />

I used CSS to collapse the lists and such a little but not perfect, especially since people can always do stuff in the html that I didn't take into account.
          Last edited by habreu; 09-30-19, 09:46 AM.

Comment

So, if you block that code with

&mvt:product:descrip;
            <mvt:item name="ry_toolbelt" param="striphtml|g.text_only|l.all_settings:produc t:descrip" />
            &mvt:global:text_only;

The former is populated and the later is not?

Also, just checking, that should be:

<mvt:item name="ry_toolbelt" param="striphtml|g.text_only|l.all_settings:upsold _product:descrip" />

Its possible that tool belt is missing the all_settings:upsold_product arrary. You should try using something like

l.all_settings:upsold_product:price; or something to see if you get an output from tool belt
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce I really appreciate your answering my questions. I am going to file this under can-o-worms. That page seems a bit screwy to me. I won't bore you with all I tried but I pull one thread and find more issues - for example if the addon products have attributes you go to missing attributes page - unless you have two products with attributes in which case when you check the products the page doesn't know what to do so adds nothing. At some point we'll probably need to think through what those pages need to do and have someone rewrite the upsold and missing attribute pages (though I saw somewhere on the forum that Miva talked about redoing the entire upsell system). Problem for us now is the boss won't throw money as this as it only affects a very small group of sales so not worth the coding.

Thanks again.

Comment

Yea, There are issues with the Upsold pages...if you need this function, probably better to just use a standard template page with the offerings (coding in the conditions that you need) and use another set of conditions on the OCST Basket summary to change the "next" page to "new-template-page"
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X