Carrying Facet Inputs in URL while linking to another page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying Facet Inputs in URL while linking to another page

I've looked into Set Cookie and a few other techniques, but I'm having a hard time solving this one. Basically I want my facets to show on a page I have created as a search option page before reaching the actual catalog (there are 3 different ways to search our catalog). I've created a content section that is basically a stripped down version of the facet tree that only displays the facets that are drop-down options. So on that search page, I am giving the user the option to search by individual specs or a combination of specs (Custom Field Facets).

All that needs to happen then is, after choosing the specs they would like to search by, they would hit the search button which would take them to the PLST page with those facet inputs already applied. It probably sounds unnecessary, but that's how the owner wants it. Seems like this should be pretty simple, but I am stumped at the moment. I'm just looking for a little guidance or a suggestion or two. Thank you!

If I understand what you are trying to do...the facets are selected via JS. So, you'd have to pass the selection in the URL and then write some additional JS to initiate the facet JS.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I cant say this is the correct way to do it, but I came up with the following simple solution and it works the way I was hoping it would. I just added the global variables into the URL of my search button, it picks up whichever input combination the user selects and filters the products on the PLST page:

<a href="&mvte:urls:PLST:rr;?Per_Page=12&Sort_By=disp _order&diameter=&mvt:global:diameter&width=&mvt:gl obal:width&bolt_pattern=&mvt:global:bolt_pattern&c entre_bore=&mvt:global:centre_bore&offset_mm=&mvt: global:offset_mm&finish_color=&mvt:global:finish_c olor" id="facet_button_setcookie_&mvt:facet:input_value s ;" class="wp_facet_action">Search</a>

Comment

Yea, that's half of what i said...I'm surprised the facet JS picks up the CGI variables...surprised AND happy :) cause that makes it easy to make a facet driven navigation set (i.e., instead of categories).
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Your comment is what got me started, so thank you for that!

I was already using the Facet JS on my search options page, and since the PLST was also using it, I thought maybe if you just output the CGI variables through the URL it will pick them up ...and bam! Pretty cool stuff. Facet driven Navigation sounds like a great idea :-)

Comment

Working...
          X