Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manually set category tree item to active?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually set category tree item to active?

Some more of my baby questions - thanks for bearing with me all these years, will never be a pro.

I added a category here (COVID-19)

https://www.allfrom1supply.com/healt...-supplies.html

that uses the ALT page field to call a redirect to a page

https://www.allfrom1supply.com/covid...urce-page.html

I did this because using the ALT page field to directly call the page didn't load a particular section (that used ScotsScripts FastFAQ addon). I knew it worked when I went directly to it so I used the ToolKit callurl method which worked.

However the category tree is not expanded since the page has no parent, so I was wondering if I could manually expand the category 'Workplace Health & Safety Supplies' so it would appear to the users they are still in that category?

• You should be able to add an mvt:if statement in the category tree template to expand the category manually.

Something like:

//ALREADY EXISTING CODE
    <mvt:if expr="(l.settings:category:id AND l.settings:category:id EQ l.settings:cattree_category:id) OR (l.settings:cattree_category:code EQ l.settings:breadcrumbs:links[1]:code)">
    <mvt:assign name="l.settings:cattree_category:class" value="'active'" />
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Category_Code AND ISNULL l.settings:category:id AND l.settings:cattree_category:code EQ g.Category_Code">
    //NEW CODE TO ADD BELOW
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Screen EQ 'FOO'">
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings.cattree_category:code EQ 'BAR'">
    </mvt:if>
    </mvt:if>

FOO being the page code that you want the category tree manually expanded on (COVID-19 Resource Page).
    BAR being the category code that you want expanded (Workplace Health & Safety Supplies).

There might be a better way to do it, but that should do the trick.
    Last edited by kat_oakos; 07-27-20, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Thank you that looks like it will do it.

Comment

• Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept