search results > images not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search results > images not showing

This is an old problem but on the 'search results' page only legacy images are show. I'd like to show the 'Main' images and legacy can be a fallback. We are using a modified version of Levels.

1. Can someone tell me where I can find the latest version of what Levels SRCH page code should be?

2. Which imagemachine items need to be selected.

3. If these are correct
    Image Element: main_image_%product_id%
    Thumbnail Container: thumbnails_%product_id%
    Closeup Container: closeup_div_%product_id%
    Closeup Image Element: closeup_image_%product_id%
    Closeup Close Element: closeup_close_%product_id%

4. Is this correct
    Code:
    script tags removed
    ImageMachine.prototype.ImageMachine_Generate_Thumb nail = function( thumbnail_image, main_image, closeup_image, type_code )
    {
    var thumbnail, span, img;

thumbnail = document.createElement( 'li' );
    span = document.createElement( 'span' ); // to vertically center the thumbnail images

thumbnail.appendChild( span );

if ( typeof( thumbnail_image ) == 'string' && thumbnail_image.length > 0 )
    {
    img = document.createElement( 'img' );
    img.src = thumbnail_image;

thumbnail.appendChild( img );
    }

return thumbnail;
    }
    script tags removed
    5. Anything I need to add in head or elsewhere?

I've poked at this multiple times over the years but never got it sorted. I have a dev server, updated to 10.01 and set up a branch with the Shadow theme but still only showing Legacy images and blanks for others.

Hello habreu

Levels has been depreciated for quite some time. What version of levels are you currently using on your store? You can also submit a ticket to us at [email protected] so we can look at your sites SRCH page parameters.

Warm Regards

Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

I have the same problem bu t for product feed.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

rbuelna Miva actually created a custom store for us a few years back but started with the Levels template. I'll put in a ticket. I thought it might just be something I broke and somebody would know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post
          rbuelna Miva actually created a custom store for us a few years back but started with the Levels template. I'll put in a ticket. I thought it might just be something I broke and somebody would know. Thanks.
          Same here.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

So Miva Support came through for me - not sure if this was a misunderstanding on my part of how things work (aka I'm a bonehead) or this is something wonky in Miva.

Reposted from my support email in case it helps anyone else.

I'm not sure what would have changed but I noticed the image type checkboxes were not displaying on the SRCH page in the Search Results Layout section below the Custom Fields listbox, so I noticed if I uncheck "Enabled" in the "Search Results Image Machine" those checkboxes were displaying which I would expect to see. I checked the image type for Main and I don't currently see any image display issues when searching on the site.
            So when this is enabled

snip1.jpg

The checkboxes below don't show. I thought Image Machine was required but guess I was wrong? In any case it works this way so thank you Miva Support.

snip2.JPG
            Last edited by habreu; 07-26-21, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X