Mivapay > saved credit card > Invalid payment method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mivapay > saved credit card > Invalid payment method

I haven't really used the save credit card feature before and just tried it. When I select a saved card and click to continue I get "Invalid payment method." Any idea what I should be looking at? These were custom templates based on Levels and I'm not going to be able to roll it back. If anyone has a sense of where I should be looking I'd appreciate it. It isn't urgent - as far as I know no one has actually saved any CC yet. I just thought it might be one more incentive for people to use the website instead of calling in their orders.

first step. evaluate, using a code block or html comment, the value for g.paymentmethod on osel & opay. it should be 'mivapay:' if i remember correctly
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

It comes up empty. Actually I see that the payment gateway page in Miva admin has an option to store the entire credit card number. I wonder if that needs to be enabled. I'm going to do some reading when things calm down later today. Thanks.

Comment

ah, yea...sorry, i don't remember that kind of stuff unless i'm looking at it :)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I'm afraid I'll have to deduct a dollar from the thousands of dollars of free advice you've given me over the years. ;)

Comment

Follow-up question does anyone know if "Store Entire CC Number (Requires Encryption)" needs to be checked in payment settings in order for the saved credit card to work? Sorry not sure if the saved credit cards are stored elsewhere by MivaPay or if it in anyway depends on this payment setting.

Comment

not 100% positive, but that control has no effect on MivaPay (and probably should have been removed years ago).
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Ah thanks. It is another issue then. I'll keep it on the back burner and maybe around the holidays it will slow down enough for me to carefully poke at it or might get Miva involved then. They set up Mivapay originally but possible I gunked something up myself.

Comment

Working...
                X