Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Footer

Hi,

I am trying to place a product footer into a product page I am making but for some reason can't get it to show up. The product header displays correctly using:
    <mvt:item name="prod_ctgy_hdft" param="prod_header" />

I was using this for the footer below without any luck.
    <mvt:item name="prod_ctgy_hdft" param="prod_footer" />

Since the footer is the same for all of our product pages maybe it would be easier to use the global header with a conditional that would look for the prefix I use of "PROD". I've never tried that before so not sure of the code for that one.

TIA!
    Mike

If the product footer is the same for all products, you can edit the FOOTER section of the PROD (Product Display) page. The prod_footer section you are trying to manipulate above is for the PROD page, not for the product itself, so you're half way there.
    M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

All of the footers would be the same for all of our products. I did try making a footer for the Product Page I am making but I can't get it to display. The header I made displays but no luck with the footer. I figured if I just add an if/else statement on the global footer I can do it that way instead. All I am really trying to do is hide something in the footer if the customer is on the product page trying to order. Thanks

Comment

If you are doing that, you could wrap the stuff you want to hide in this:

<mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code NE 'PROD'">
        stuff you want to hide
        </mvt:if>

This will display the "stuff you want to hide" on every page but the product page.

Not sure about the page footer not showing, there must be some small error in your code or your using the wrong page item.
        M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

That is much easier thanks!

Sorry one last question. All of my product pages have the prefix PROD-. How do make it so it reads that prefix so it applies to all of the product pages?

I have product pages name:
          PROD-GCD
          PROD-POS
          ​​​​​​​PROD-PST
          ​​​​​​​etc.

Comment

<mvt:if expr="'PROD-' IN l.settings:page:code LE 0">
            stuff you want to hide
            </mvt:if>

What this does is look for the string PROD- in the page code and returns the position (number) that it was found in. So we can use this to check if the page code has PROD- in it and if it returns a number greater than 0 then we hide the "stuff" and if not we display it.
            M.A.D.* since 1997

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
              X